FusionAuth is a fast growing startup headquartered in Denver Colorado. We are expanding our team to help accelerate our growth and take FusionAuth to the next level.
Our mission is to put developers in the driver's seat for authentication. If you are passionate about technology and want to join a company that is moving the industry forward, FusionAuth might be a perfect fit for you.
In this hands-on leadership role, you will own, build, automate and improve the developer documentation that is a highly visible and valued component of the FusionAuth product. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering and play an active role in deciding how developer documentation grows at FusionAuth. Work will be primarily from home and our Broomfield, CO office, or can be completely remote from anywhere in the USA.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Establish a vision and specific targets for the world-class documentation we are pursuing
- Own the creation and delivery of technical developer documentation in support of our mission to provide the leading developer friendly authentication platform
- Overhaul our existing documentation (fusionauth.io/docs). This includes evaluating our current solution against our vision and against current commercial and OSS offerings.
- Select and implement automated documentation tools and implement with the CMS platform
- Understand the developer persona and ensure that the end result of the documentation process delights developers.
- Write both vendor neutral “thought leadership” documentation (fusionauth.io/learn/expert-advice/ ) and product documentation.
- Coordinate with the developer relations, engineering and marketing team to improve tutorials, blog posts and example applications, and assist in repurposing documentation for other uses.
- Optimize documentation for SEO results
- Improve and automate documentation delivery processes
The requirements for this position include:
- Demonstrable success (with published examples) of architecting and creating complex software developer oriented documentation.
- Ability to write a complete API doc using the code and other assets (OpenAPI spec) as the source of truth.
- Ability to write adhoc scripts to test documentation correctness.
- True startup orientation, with the ability to establish and lead a documentation vision, while writing and implementing along the way.
- Location: Denver/Boulder preferred for 1 day/week in-office, open to remote anywhere in US.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range: $90-150K
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision
- Bonus: Up to 10% depending on how well the company performs
- 401k: Yes
- Education benefit: Yes
- Stock options: Yes
- Vacation: Flexible - Take what you need.