FusionAuth is a fast growing startup headquartered in Denver Colorado. We are expanding our team to help accelerate our growth and take FusionAuth to the next level.
Our mission is to make authentication and authorization simple and secure for every developer. This means building the best IAM (Identity and Access Management) and CIAM (Customer Identity and Access Management) solution in the world. If you are passionate about technology and want to join a company that is moving the industry forward, FusionAuth might be a perfect fit for you.
We are recruiting a Software Engineer who will join our engineering team to help us achieve these goals. This exciting role will allow you to build new features, extend existing features, learn from customers to improve the product and participate in our growing developer community. For this role, you must be a creative and quantitative thinker. You should be interested in the authentication, authorization and user management space. You should be seasoned at writing secure and high-performance code. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, fast worker and excited about growing a company from the ground up.
You will report directly to the CTO and will work from our Denver office or remotely from anywhere in the USA.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Write code
- Test code that you write
- Write more tests for the code that you wrote
- Write tests for code you didn’t write
- Assist with design and code reviews
- Document new features, and fix existing doc as you find errors
- Bug fixing… Most of us aren’t perfect 🪲
- Rotate as the on-call engineer to solve critical customer issues. While not the norm, we do have some off hours support requirements.
The requirements for this position include:
- 2+ years of professional software development
- You should know how to write code. Ideally Java, or something similar to that.
- If you can’t write Java code, you should be interested to learn Java.
- Understand how REST APIs work and how to design them
- Have an understanding of the full web stack (HTTP, TCP/IP, REST, etc)
- Ability to work on Linux, Windows, Mac (and in virtual machines)
- Ability to learn new technologies and skills quickly
- Able to jump into new or existing code bases quickly
- Ability to self-manage yourself
It would be good if you have experience with at least some of the following:
- Java 8+
- Ruby (or similar dynamic language)
- HTML 5
- Guice (or Spring) or similar DI framework
- MySQL and PostgreSQL (or equivalents)
- Apache FreeMarker (or Apache Velocity)
- TestNG (or JUnit)
- Open source committer
- Be familiar with other languages for the JVM
- Understanding of the internals of MVCs and other web technologies
- In-depth knowledge of multi-threading
- In-depth knowledge of file systems
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range: $80,000 to $120,000 (depending on experience)
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision
- Bonus: Up to 10% depending on how well the company performs
- 401k: Yes!
- Education benefit: Yes!
- Stock options: Yes!
- Vacation: Flexible! Take what you need. :)